I solve website problems for small business owners.
Let me be your personal on-call technical helper so you can focus on your clients and your business.
I’ve been a web designer & developer for 20 years. I have built lots of sites from scratch, but what I love most is helping people get past those infuriating technical glitches that sap your time and energy because they are just beyond the reach of your technical abilities, and you have no interest in researching a solution.
If you find yourself struggling for hours trying to do something that you suspect that someone with the right experience could do much faster, I can help you.
What I can do for you:
- fix DNS records, redirects, and other server-side stuff
- figure out why something isn’t working the way you expect and fix it
- make systems work together properly
- improve how something looks (even if you’re not sure what would help)
- make your site look or function differently
- update your WordPress and plugins & fix any compatibility issues that come up
- modify how your theme or plugins work with custom code
- research and make recommendations for a plugin that will do what you need
- create a custom shortcode to make it easier to display data in various places on your site
- help you create functionality that you need through a combination of plugins and custom code
- tweak your theme to operate or look exactly how you want it
- solve the “white screen of death” or error messages being printed to the screen.
- fix visual display problems
These are just examples – if it involves a website and a problem, I can probably help!
Why work with me?
- I have worked the entire technology stack from server-side, database, PHP, to front-end visual design, which helps me identify precisely where the problem is and the most efficient way to solve it.
- I listen closely to your needs and ask good questions.
- I work hard and will always be honest with you.
- I have a broad base of knowledge and experience in running a small business that helps me give useful and relevant advice.
- I understand budgets and can offer multiple options and explain trade-offs.
What does it cost?
- I charge $100/hour, billed to the minute, with a 15 minute ($25) minimum.
- If it’s something I’ve done before, I work fast and can give you an estimate of how long it will take to fix before I start working.
- If it’s a problem I’m unfamiliar with (like troubleshooting a plugin I haven’t worked with before), I will need to spend some time to assess the problem before I can give an estimate of how long it will take to fix it.
- You can always set a maximum budget so you don’t have an unexpected expense. I’ll tell you if I can’t do what you need within your budget, and suggest some alternatives.
A note about neurodivergence
I am autistic and ADHD. If you are neurodivergent as well, then great, we will probably be on the same page! If not, please know that I only work through asynchronous communication methods like email and chat, rather than phone calls. I value clear communication, and while I always strive for understanding, there may be times that I miss social cues, or speak more directly than you are used to. I appreciate your understanding and willingness to meet me halfway in bridging any differences in our communication styles.
How to get started:
- You fill out the form below, explaining your issue.
- I will respond with whether I think I’m a good fit to solve your issue (and if not, what I would recommend you do next), and a rough cost estimate if possible.
- If you want to proceed, you let me know and I’ll send you a simple agreement that you can sign electronically.
- You send me the relevant login details for WordPress and other logins if needed (like FTP or your hosting control panel).
- I get to work.