I solve WordPress problems.
You: Tired of struggling with WordPress.
Me: Your personal on-call WordPress magician.
I’ve been a web designer & developer for 20 years. I have built lots of sites from scratch, but what I love most is helping people get past those OMG why won’t this just work and I know this can be done but how?? problems. If you find yourself struggling for hours trying to do something that you have a sneaking suspicion someone with the right experience could do much faster, let me help you.
What I can do for you:
- fix DNS records, redirects, and other server-side stuff
- modify how your site or plugin works with custom code
- research and make recommendations for a plugin that will do what you need
- create a custom shortcode to make it easier to display data in various places on your site
- figure out why something isn’t working the way you expect and fix it
- help you create functionality that you need through a combination of plugins and custom code
- make systems work together properly (like WordPress + Mailchimp)
- improve how something looks (even if you’re not sure what would help)
- make your site look or function in this cool way you saw on someone else’s site (as long as it isn’t violating anyone’s copyright)
- update your WordPress and plugins & fix any compatibility issues that come up
- tweak your theme to operate or look exactly how you want it
Why work with me?
- I listen closely to your needs and ask good questions.
- I work hard and will always be honest with you.
- I have a broad base of knowledge and experience that helps me solve problems and give useful advice.
- I have worked the entire technology stack from server-side, database, PHP, to front-end design, which helps me identify precisely where the problem is and the most efficient way to solve it.
- I understand budgets and can offer multiple options and explain trade-offs.
What does it cost?
- I charge $150/hour, billed to the minute.
- If it’s something I’ve done before, I’m pretty fast and can give you an estimate of how long it will take to fix before I start working.
- If it’s a problem I’m unfamiliar with (like troubleshooting a plugin I haven’t worked with before), I will need to spend some time to assess the problem before I can give an estimate of how long it will take to fix it.
- You can always set a maximum budget so you don’t have an unexpected expense. I’ll tell you if I can’t do what you need within your budget, and give you some alternatives.
How to get started:
- You fill out the form below, explaining your issue.
- I will respond with whether I think I’m a good fit to solve your issue (and if not, what I would recommend you do next), and a rough cost estimate if possible.
- If you want to proceed, you let me know and I’ll create a simple contract that you can sign electronically.
- You send me the relevant login details for WordPress and other logins if needed (like FTP or your hosting control panel).
- I get to work.